Measles Is Circulating
- We’re seeing measles in Birmingham
- Measles is extremely infectious and can be serious
- Anyone over 1 year of age needs to have the MMR vaccine
- Ask for the free vaccine from your family doctor (GP) if you, or your children, haven’t had 2 doses already
- If you have symptoms of measles, stay at home and phone your GP or NHS 111 for advice. STAY AWAY from GP surgeries and A&E departments – you could spread the illness to others
- Symptoms include: high fever; sore red, watery eyes; coughing; aching and feeling generally unwell; a blotchy red brown rash, which usually appears after the first symptoms
- Go to nhs.uk for more measles information
This website contains a vast range of health information and resources, along with practical information on visiting the surgery. We hope you find it useful and informative.
About Our Practice
The practice was established in 1930 by Dr S Das-Gupta. His great nephew Dr T Sen-Gupta became a principle GP in 1995 and continues to provide the local community with General Medical Services.
Disabled access, baby changing facilities, hearing loop.
Click here to read more >>